The Last TagJan 28th, 2008 | By Ian Poulton | Category: Personal Columns
Baino (this is a link to her blog) tagged me for one of the meme things. Being an old grouch who finds even Facebook an insufferable bore, I was going to ignore it, but she might swear at me in Australian.
It was to list six unimportant things about oneself (that’s not hard):
1. I go to watch Bray Wanderers AFC fairly infrequently
2. I once got £2 from the Daily Mirror in 1979 for a letter I wrote, the only time I have been paid for writing anything.
3. I am an avid follower of the Tour de France, though have never raced anything.
4. I learned to swim when I was 38
5. I walked Hadrian’s Wall in 2006
6. I once had a row with a Dutch immigration official because he was singling out black people.
I’m not doing the second part of the tag because I don’t really know many bloggers.